Because hate is such a strong word…
We, your lovely flight attendants, won’t exactly hate you if you do the following, but we will find you a bit more annoying, a bit more obnoxious, and glare with utter disgust the moment you turn your eyes away. Oh yes, we know to keep the flight attendant smile sweetly pasted when all lights are on, and we are “on stage.”
The moment those galley curtains close though…
If you have done any of the following twenty-three, you may have been despised by at least one flight attendant, at least once in your life.
THIS IS NOT OK…
23 Ways To Make A Flight Attendant Hate Despise You
- Open the overhead bin during flight, and “forget” to close it.
- Ring the flight attendant call button and hand the flight attendant trash.
- Stand directly behind the flight attendant while he or she is serving food/beverages (C’mon…really?!?!).
- Do yoga stretches in the galley.
- Lay on the floor in the emergency exit row.
- Take a seat on the flight attendant jumpseat.
- Use the flight attendant jumpseat as your foot rest.
- Act like the airplane is a five star restaurant. (No, we don’t carry unlimited selection of chicken, and I don’t really care that you don’t like fish. And you knew you were vegetarian before I did!!!)
- Say you have no credit card to buy a soda. Five minutes later, ring the call button, order Vodka, and pay for it with that credit card that you don’t have (like you think I won’t notice. Idiot).
- Get mad at the flight attendant because you didn’t pack a pen and you can’t understand why he or she doesn’t give you theirs (notice the possession: THEIR pen).
- Act like a first class asshole when traveling barebones budget airline.
- Demand that the flight attendant carry YOUR bag for you.
- Hangout in the aisle when the flight attendants are doing service.
- Ignore the seatbelt sign.
- The flight attendant asks you, “Coffee, Tea, or Water?” Respond- “I’ll have orange juice.” (No. No you won’t).
- The flight attendant asks you, “Coffee, Tea, or Water?” Respond- “Yes!” (Fail.)
- Paint your nails during the flight.
- Don’t wear deodorant.
- Put your feet on the tray table.
- Change your baby’s diaper on the tray table.
- “Hey stewardess!”…(It’s ‘flight attendant’ or ‘cabin crew.’ Thanks).
- Travel with a hula-hoop.
- Legs in the aisle. Trip a flight attendant…you are more than despised!